Friday, February 20, 2009

It was a strange day. I had planned to nestle in the comfortable leather of the club and let the world float by. I settled down with the newspaper, and a pot of coffee. The next thing I knew, there was discreet cough from one of the runners as he stood apologetically by my side with the telephone.

This turned out to the first of many such distractions that rather put the kybosh on quiet day.

Never mind. The Memsahib was up in town for a bit of shopping so I agreed to meet up with her for the journey home. (I suppose we should have got Fellows to collect us, but in our contribution to all things green, we decided to take the train. It does mean rubbing shoulders with riff raff until we get to First Class, but it is a sacrifice we are prepared to make.

No comments: