Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Philanthropy

Philanthropy

Fellows' has obviously been fiddling with the wireless in my dressing room. Rather than the jovial intellectual jousting of radio 4, there was some vulgar commercial station banging on about the festival season, and a plethora of concerts happening in the next few weeks. This set me thinking. Apart from the marvelous "Cardinal Sin and the Bum Notes" there is a scarcity of musical entertainment for the more discerning listener.

Just like that "Eves" oik, from wiltshire, I have plenty of land I could set aside for such an event. And of course I have the marquees. My contacts will allow access to the major city orchestra's in the uk, and that Cowell fellow owes me a favour after swaying the voting on his latest Talent thingy on the television. I think I am going to stage "Poshfest", generously bringing opera, clasical music and dance to the masses. Tarquin has expressed an interest in running this for me, and has already suggested Marmaduke Duke. If he's already got the landed gentry interested the sky could be the limit….. 

No comments: